Saturday, April 2, 2011

granola crunchy - recipe

I love granola, and I have been looking for a good chewy granola bar recipe for a very long time. I found a few online and combined them to make my own, and I think I've hit the jackpot.


- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 sticks of butter
- 2/3 cup almond butter
- 2/3 cup wildflower honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2-3 cups of WHATEVER!

I split my batter in half. In the first half I put one chopped up square of bakers chocolate, a cup of dark chocolate chips, and 1/2 cup of shredded coconut. In the second half I put a cup of cranberries, 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds, and shredded coconut as well.

Press into a greased pan of your liking (the size depends on how thick you want your bars to be. I used two 8x8's), and bake for 40min at 350 degrees.

Let it cool. Cut them. Eat them.

1 comment: